XRef Bind Problem

Hi All,

I am trying to bind a consultant's lighting plan to one of my plans. When I am in th exref manager and right click the xreffed file and hit bind, then bind in the dialog box, the drawing disappears. It still displays in the xref manager, but does not display in my work space.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

the last couple days I have had nothing but trouble trying to bind xrefs the same way you are. I do not have the same problem, but some weird stuff starts happening when I use the bind feature. Some lines disappear, text styles change, blocks don't display properly, etc. etc. What we ended up doing was just opening the xref dwg and manually copying everything into the desired dwg.

It's obviously not the ideal solution but it worked just the same. Just be careful of what layers are turned 'on' or 'off' in the xrefed drawing if you are going to attempt this.

yea, i ended up just wblocking the file and inserting it into my drawing.

i have been having the same problems you have too about styles and layer properties.

It is only this one file that I received from a lighting consultant. mostly, when i bind my own files to other dwgs, things turn out fine.

• 1 month later...

I have had the same issue. Seems to be the Bind>Insert command with me. Bind>Bind works fine. Only happens with some drawings as well. Not sure about 2008 but in 2009 (LT) i noticed the 'Layer Merge' control was added, bind> insert merges your layers into the current drawing, stripping out the filename. Bind>Bind adds the layers in with the filename seperated by the '$' signs, could be this has caused a conflict especially with nested xrefs. If the nested xrefs are bound first it seems to work.

Purge your drawing before Xref'n it in. Bring up your manager and select the file. make sure you ensure a known basepoint and your ucs is at world.

All drawings purged and audited, even as a test wblocked out all the drawings again and re-xrefed into a fresh drawing. Same result.