upgrading from student version

bspill1

• 1 month later...
Guest Bloodwig80

1. are you opening the correct version from your start menu? or are you clicking on a desktop shortcut?

2. if youre clicking on the correct one, try 'add & remove programs' and uninstall both versions. then re-install Full version.

The problem turned out to be some crap left over in the registry.

and uhh.....I guess I won't use any of my old student stuff.

There is a way around it (or I was told there was). If you have this all leagly then you can get a hold of your autocad dealer and let them know about it. I was told there was a way to reuse your old drawings.

• 4 years later...

Just came across your post whilst searching for info, can I ask how you upgraded your student version to full version? I'm trying to do the same with AutoCAD 2010 student version and a new full license, do I have to uninstall and reinstall or is there a way to change the license, activation code etc.??

Thank!

You have replied to a thread that is 4 years old.

But to answer your question, yes, you should completely uninstall the student version and then install the new software with the new license.