Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• The Buzzard

• JeepMaster

• MarcoW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I would really appreciate a feature added to change the attribute's text style.:?

Any suggestions, comments, (and of course, bug reports!), are welcome

:)

Enjoy,

Lee

• 1 year later...

So sorry to gravedig here ( again)

Can this lisp be altered - or is a stand alone lisp written - to allow me to select blocks and make invisible attributes visible please ?

Can this lisp be altered - or is a stand alone lisp written - to allow me to select blocks and make invisible attributes visible please ?

That could in fact be achieved with quite a short program:

(defun c:attvis ( / i s )
   (if (setq s (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "INSERT") (66 . 1))))
       (repeat (setq i (sslength s))
           (foreach a (vlax-invoke (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname s (setq i (1- i)))) 'getattributes)
               (vla-put-invisible a :vlax-false)
           )
       )
   )
   (princ)
)
(vl-load-com) (princ)

• 2 years later...

Hey Lee,

Forgive me for dusting off this thread, but I am running into an odd issue using EdAtt. The program starts just fine, lets me select the attribute, and when it then prompts me for selecting the block(s) I have tried selecting it every which way I can but it returns to the command prompt with no output. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but the only thing I can come up with is that since the block in question has visibility states it doesn't work with those?

I have included the block for reference.

Thanks in advance!

DWG-TTL.dwg

Hi Eric,

You're quite right - I wrote this program quite a few years ago and didn't include compatibility with attributed dynamic blocks. I could certainly update the program to enable compatibility with dynamic blocks, but I would more likely opt to rewrite the entire application as my old code is not particularly clear.

I'll see what I can do if I find some time to work on it.

Nevertheless, I'm pleased to hear that you find this old program useful.

Lee

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dig this one, but is there a way to use EDATT in a MultiText attribute? I got a message "Invalid Object Selected" when I click on the MultiTxt Attribute but everything works swell....THANKS

Sorry to dig this one, but is there a way to use EDATT in a MultiText attribute? I got a message "Invalid Object Selected" when I click on the MultiTxt Attribute but everything works swell....THANKS

As it stands, the program is currently not compatible with MAttributes; such compatibility could certainly be incorporated, but as noted above & earlier in the thread, I would most likely opt to rewrite the entire application first, as the code is now very old and is in dire need of a complete overhaul.

Lee

God Damn you company I work for with your blasted AutoCAD LT and Creo half assed software.

I wanna get me some lisp once more!

As it stands, the program is currently not compatible with MAttributes; such compatibility could certainly be incorporated, but as noted above & earlier in the thread, I would most likely opt to rewrite the entire application first, as the code is now very old and is in dire need of a complete overhaul.

Lee

Guess I have to use single line attribute rather multiline.....Thanks Lee!!!

• 1 year later...

hi, ive been using this lisp but all of a sudden its stopped working? I load it, successfully but when I try to use any of the commands, it asks me to select the attribute, which I do, and then nothing? command line goes blank... any ideas?

sally: What changed recently? Did you download and use any new custom lisp routines?

Did you try shutting down AutoCAD, restarting it then running Lee's program?

• 6 years later...

Hello Lee,

This program is Great....Thank you for the same.

I have around 50 blocks with different names and each block has multiple attribute. I want to change the size/height of attributes of all the blocks at the same time.

Currently your Suite does only for single attribute of single block. Can you please help.

Regards,

Akhtar

Try this you need to make a list of block names to be changed. 

(defun c:chgattsz ( / blst bname ss ent x )
(setq blst (list blkname1 blkname2 .....))
(foreach bname blst
(command "bedit" bname)
(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "ATTDEF"))))
(repeat (setq x (sslength ss))
(setq ent (entget (ssname ss (setq x (1- x)))))
(entmod (subst (cons 40 2.5) (assoc 40 ent) ent)) ; change 2.5 to size required. 
)
(command "bclose" "SAVE")
(command "attsync" "N" bname)
)
(princ)
)
(c:chgattsz)