DWG - PDF - Text failure

Glen1980

I have recently upgraded to 2010 LT on my XP SP2 machine and have been happily creating smaller and easier to email pdf's than cute pdf could ever do and with real text not vectors.

Unfortunately whenever I try to get clever and use an accented character or a diameter symbol a ²³ superscript number adobe reader comes back with

'Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some charcters may not display or print correctly.'

The screen displays ....... in place of the entire line of text (that's the really annoying part) which means I have to print drawings with CutePDF to send them to site which in tern means lots more emails. Has anyone else had this problem with the text creation?

I have tried it on several other machines around the office and it always says the same thing. I have verson 9 reader and versions 7 & 8 also give the same error report.

Instead of using cutePDF, have you tried the Print to PDF function in AutoCAD or is that what's giving you trouble?

DWG to PDF is the one I'm having problems with.

Cute PDF is fine as it doesn't reproduce text as text it just prints text as solid bits like a printer would but it does create files 3-5 times larger than LT does. It's just annoying that it misses out entire lines if you use to be honest quite standard symbols and accented letters.

try opening the dwg to pdf.pc3 'printer' file. Select custom settings and then the button "Custom settings"

Change the font selection to "capture all"

OK out, save pc3 file, OK out

That should fix the problem

Haha!! That worked brilliantly! I also had a look at the font list and for some reason plain old Arial wasn't ticked. So I also tried leaving it on capture some and ticking Arial and that also worked. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

• 5 months later...
try opening the dwg to pdf.pc3 'printer' file. Select custom settings and then the button "Custom settings"

Wow! That same problem has stumped me for months. Thanks for posting the solution.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

That should fix the problem

Thanks this one resolved my issue.