DBList to Database

cibola

The DXF has a lot of additional information that makes it difficult to sort through. Is there a way to export out the property data by layer?

At this point it might be a good idea to describe what you are trying to accomplish.

Rather than exporting the entire drawing via dxf you can dxfout and under options you can chose Objects that will then allow you to select items. At that point you could define a filter you would like to use, or use a predefined filter. Optionally you could prepare your objects for selection beforehand by turning off or freezing layers that you are not interested in.

I want to be able to create a database of information contained in dxf files. I want to sort the data by layer name and access the full coordinate information. The images will be redrawn by another software (Flash) from these coordinates. I am looking for a way to get the coordinates of all objects (polylines, arcs, lines, blocks and text) out of AutoCAD and into a database where they are labeled by their layer name.