Mechanical BOM partslist with steel shapes

JoeC

I'm experimenting with creating a beamplan to support some equipment. I am using Content > Steel shapes, and selecting a square tubing 4x4x1/4.

When I add my parts list, the lengths of tubing that I have copied without modifying do not show up in the parts list. If I slightly modify one's length, it does show up!

If I add a new piece of tubing with the same length of an existing one, it does show in the parts list, but it adds a new line to the parts list with a quantity of "1" rather than chaanging the existing quantity to "2"!!:o

Confusing? It is to me. I hope that someone can explain this to me as I'm sure there must be a setting to remedy this.

I have attached my sample dwg if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Beam.dwg

O.K...I think I got it. You have to copy the Part Reference point along with the beam. I thought that the part reference was part of the beam, but it is a separate entity...which brings up a potential issue in itself!

• 3 months later...

I don't know if you guys are still out there but I am have having the same problem in 2009. I posted a thread "Blocks with Parts References" in this same section. I have try everything and cannot figure it out!!! Is anyone successfully doing this operation?

• 2 years later...