Best LISP Commands for Architecture

CADMASTER1128

School is starting in 4 days and I was wondering...

What are some most popular AutoLISP commands used in the Residential Architecture?

Since I just learned how to use LISP and I am studying Architecture I thought it would be best to download as many as I can. Any suggestions?

I would assume that Architecture can run all the LISPs that AutoCAD can run?

Are you learning LISP Steve? Or have you just figured out how to load a routine?

I would assume the same as you Lee Mac...

I am not learning how to create them and I do know how to load them (using APPLOAD)

I don't know of any "AutoCAD Architecture" specific Lisp routines. Most out there are very specific to plain jane AutoCAD and not a vertical product, since the customization and tools are already highly developed for that specific trade.

I don't know of any "AutoCAD Architecture" specific Lisp routines. Most out there are very specific to plain jane AutoCAD and not a vertical product, since the customization and tools are already highly developed for that specific trade.

I think you are miss understanding the question... Which may be my fault.

I am asking for LISP to create custom door opens (arched doors) windows, sidewalks, things like that...

Even lisp to draw plumbing plans or items for a specific plan... Is that better?

I am asking for LISP to create custom door opens (arched doors) windows, sidewalks, things like that...

AutoCAD Architecture already does this, minus sidewalks since that's more Civil than Architecture. Start looking into Styles (aka Door Styles, Windows Styles) and build on top of the ones already custom made for Architecture.

Even lisp to draw plumbing plans or items for a specific plan... Is that better?
Hmmm, AutoCAD MEP (MEP = Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) lets you do all this, and VERY easily once you get the hang of it. This is kinda overkill for residential plans, though. All you really need is a plumbing block library and create a Tool Palette with the symbols and you're good to go. You can't squeeze much more efficiency than that out of simple plumbing plans for a residential project.

Here come the student in me:

How do I create these dynamic blocks and tool Palettes? SO much CAD so little time... HAHA!

Here come the student in me:

How do I create these dynamic blocks and tool Palettes? SO much CAD so little time... HAHA!

Dynamic Blocks will not work with AutoCAD Architecture AEC objects. Just forget about them, unless you want to do 2D plans. To utilize the full use of AutoCAD Architecture, you need to use Styles. If you look for the Styles folder, there are a ton of stuff already there. Just use these *.DWG files to import the styles into your new drawings via the Style Manager. Look at the ZIP file I uploaded, it has the Door Styles that comes with AutoCAD.

door_styles.zip

styles.png

I think you are miss understanding the question... Which may be my fault.

Give this door program a try.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34891

You can modify it to suit your own needs.

Styk -

How dyou get your Vista Windows to look like that? o:)

Lee, it's the default Aero interface, but I set my border padding to 0 is the only customization I make. As long as you don't have Vista Basic, you can use the sleek Aero interface.

Lee, it's the default Aero interface, but I set my border padding to 0 is the only customization I make. As long as you don't have Vista Basic, you can use the sleek Aero interface.

I only have Vista Home Edition, so I don't think I have that option :(

Now that I have the styles what do I do with them?

Modify them to fit your needs. Or use these styles to help you learn to create your own. Now you are getting into the advanced party of AutoCAD Architecture, learning how to really dive into the inner workings of an AutoCAD vertical product.

There are plenty of tutorials to help you along, just search Google.

Also, you can search for new Door and Window styles to use. Try here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3050058&linkID=9240658

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=3065688&linkID=9240658