Need Help With 3D Sketch

Uncle Harley

I've got a severe case of brain lock I guess. I'm trying to generate a 3d sketch for use with Frame Generator. Anyone have a simple step by step solution? Just a simple 4 legged basic frame with pads on the bottom for leveling pads.

Uh, create 4 sketches on 4 planes in your skeleton part. I guess you could use a 3D sketch if you really wanted to. You could also just create a solid box and use the edges. Many ways to approach this. Basically all Frame Generator needs is some reference model with edges or verticies.

Thanks Mark. After just over 20 yrs in the 2D world, I've got a lot of unlearning & relearning to do. Prior to asking the question, I made (3) 2D ipt files, top side & end & applied the frame generator to them. Then placed each one in an iam file & connected them w/ constraints. Just looking for an easier way to duplicate what I saw in the AOTC manual.

have you been through any of the basic tutorials for inventor? working with and creating sketch planes will be a need to know thing. Project geometry and including geometry are also your friend:)

when working in a 3d sketch(if you were to do it that way) you have the ability to sketch on plane. The UCS icon will pop up once you start a line and you can click on the planes in the sketch to "stick" to them.

In this situation i think the easiest thing for you is to draw a box just as mark said. You can use the edges of this box for your path.