Problem installing Plotter driver

charlie72

I'm having difficulty installing my printer driver. The plotter is a HP 450c C4715A and i down loaded the latest version from HP.com. I have went into the plotter manger and tried to set up the plotter using the wizard an selecting an older driver listed. However no prints yet.

As for the lastest version of the driver from HP I can't seem to get it to do anything. I have tried right clicking the setup file and selecting install. I have saved the driver ti plotters within autocad programme files.

Any ideas please.

I think the plotter driver may be installed, but unless you got an older OS, it will not work as planned. You have to use some secondary software to run it, and not direct from ACAD, and not with XREF's or in Paper Space, for the secondary software only understands simple things.

Wm.

Searching the HP website for drivers to a HP 450C plotter I see it only lists one and it can be used with AutoCAD 2000 thru 2005. You're running 2007. That's a problem right there.

I'm using Windows XP. I've got a my computer wiped and reintstalled with a fresh version of autocad 2007. I've tried to install the plotter using the plotter wizard and yes there is a driver on here but older than the one i down loaded from HP.com.

Remark I'm unsure how to delelte the old driver from the wizard and reinstall the new one? Without looking i would assume its in the programme files under plotter manager setup wizard. Going to give that a go.

As Coosbay and I have been trying to point out it appears the problem could be related to the version of AutoCAD you are running (2007) and the versions of AutoCAD the plotter driver you are trying to use will support (2000 thru 2005). Apparently HP stopped providing drivers after 2005. Seeing things a little clearer now?

HP did not expect you to hang onto your plotter longer than five years. So they stopped supporting it. To them it made good business sense. To you and I who spend big bucks to buy these peripherals it makes no sense at all. As long as they continue to function we want to keep using them. We want to get our money's worth out of them too.

As Coosbay and I have been trying to point out it appears the problem could be related to the version of AutoCAD you are running (2007) and the versions of AutoCAD the plotter driver you are trying to use will support (2000 thru 2005). Apparently HP stopped providing drivers after 2005. Seeing things a little clearer now?

2005? You sure about that? Last time I used a 450 was in late 2003 I think it was still for sale via an H-P dealer, but discounted way down too. They had some sort of special going on with plotters, is all I can remember.

Am using late version of Acad 2008 and is not shown on their active (and acceptable) plotter list. What they are thinking is it may be a generic plotter driver, but you got to run in proper mode, and under proper (older) software as Mark mentioned. It "will" work, but is a toughy too. A big array of noted compatible plotters makes for an impressive list of suitable plotters then. I wonder if the even older H-P 650c, 750c and 2500 plotters are listed too?

Wm.

Before i had my computer wiped the plotter worked ok ( a little slow to start plotting but i didn't mind). Everything is the same apart from me trying to update the plotter driver.

Initially the plotter would have been setup through the plotter wizard therefore using an older driver than the one i downloaded. I would like to try and get this updated driver installed but not sure yet how to do this practically.

Gee not in any form ready to splash out in a new printer at this point in time.

Yes Mark winline is the business. Very easy to install and only taken a few minutes. The spooling time is much quicker than previously and i can continue working almost instantaniously. Now I'm waiting for a repy for the cost of a liecense for the driver which i'm sure will be alot less than a newer plotter.

I take it that you visited the WinLine website and downloaded one of their drivers. Right? Glad to hear you are back up and running. I would be curious as to what this ends up costing if you wouldn't mind sharing that information. Thanks.

Thanks Mark yes i've asked for a quote from three different suppliers and one came back with 150euro. I havn't gone 4 it yet as i managed to get the old driver to work and it is doing what i want at the moment. But at the same time if i do feel the need to invest in the new driver it wouold be well worth it if i were to get a few more years out of this plotter which has only printed 2500 prints in its lifetime so far.