Ddunits-changing From Architectural To Engineering

Whats up fellow acad users. I'm trying to annotate a community residential masterplan. I currently have in architectural units eg.(145'-9 1/2"). What is required for annotating drawing by the local planning board is 145.79'. It seems to me this used to be a simple change utilizing "ddunits"-engineering units with appropriate precision settings. Any help on this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

J.D.R.

First you drawing needs to be done with the idea that one unit is a foot, autocad defaults to inches. It sounds like this drawing isn't done that way.

So if you currently dim a line and get 145'-9 1/2" then you will have to use a scale factor in Dim Style, Primary Units, Measurement Scale-Scale Factor 1/12.

While there change Unit format to Decimal and add a ' for the suffix.

The other method to get there is to scale your entire model space objects by 1/12 so you are now working in feet and not inches.

Thank You For The Repley. It Worked Like A Charm. I Created The Masterplan In Architectural Units And Scaled Down 1/12 As You Advised. Worked Like A Charm. Your The Man!!!!!!

Sincerely

Jragas