Obscuring Hatch?

Spiderguy

Hello,

I have a question for you knowledgeable people! I have a need to change the x scale value of hatch independantly of the y value. Currently, AutoCAD does not have this feature. Does anyone know of a way to do this or is there a LISP program that will force AutoCAD to do this.

Just to let you know what I am doing - I am creating some elevations of a building that has walls that intersect at 45 deg. I am using a hatch called WELSTN. I was wanting to try and give it the apearance of depth by shortening the x scale.

Thanks,

Matt Hamby

tried it, The only problem with it is that a block has to be set up with the hatch pattern filled in to it's match points. works ok though. still wish there was something better using the pat files

tried it, The only problem with it is that a block has to be set up with the hatch pattern filled in to it's match points. works ok though. still wish there was something better using the pat files

How are your 3D Skills? This one isn't too hard though and may be handy for more than just angled hatch. Try this:

1. Draw your wall in 2D Elevation as if viewing from front on complete with hatch, Windows, Doors, etc
  2. View the drawing from a 3D angle (say SW Isometric) to see if it is doing what you're actually asking it to do
  3. Use either the ROTATE3D or 3DROTATE command and rotate the relevant objects around the appropriate axis (probably the Y axis) to the angle that the wall runs off at
  4. Return to plan view and zoom up to the resultant wall as close as you can as this will increase your accuracy of the resulting 2D objects
  5. use the FLATTEN command (an express tool) and tell it to hide the objects.

You will now have a 2D representation of that wall. Often you will get overlapping lines and ones that get joined together as polylines. My recommendation here is to explode the objects and use the OVERKILL command (another Express tool) to drop it all to lines and make it all easily editable...

Lot's of other potential here using this technique too

Thanks, for your input, a bit long compared to the superhatch command, once the repeats are found and blocks made. I love working in 3D, I'm not that fluent in it due to lack of need, but every chance I get I try to use it. I wish they would give me the opportunity to extrude the walls and build the elevations from a 3-D model, I think it would be a much nicer drawing! But Time restrains creativity!

Thanks again!

Matt