linetypes drawn in paperspace

Hi,

We have come across an issue today, and I am sure it can be solved by changing some variable but the question is which.

In a layout (paperspace)a user has drawn a square. The linetype is dashed and has an ltfactor 3 so that it appears as desired.

The same square was copied into another layout using copy and paste but appears like a continuous line.

I checked the following variables

Units - both set to no units

PSltscale - both set to 0

Msltscale - original drawing was set to 1 the other 0 (but this should not matter in this case as both lines are in the layout)

Ltscale - both set to 1

measurement - both set to 1

Any ideas what causes this? or what the answer is.

Obviously we can just change the ltfactor for the copied square so it appears the same. But is there a setting I am missing?

thanks

hi,

thanks for the responses.

psltscale both layouts at 1 or both at 0

unfortunately that does not seem to make any difference.

linetype generation was turned off in both instances, turning it on did not make any difference

have both machines used the same linetype definition file. most of the machines in our office use acadiso.lin for their definitions but one still uses acad.lin

try to reload the linetype using Format|linetype and ensure the new definition comes from the most appropriate file

Dbroada,

you may have hit the nail on the head......1 plan originated from eastern europe and the other was created using our standard. I remember seeing such a problem before but it was in Model space that time, can't believe I did't think to check that.

Will have to check it tomorrow though as just finished here now

Thanks will keep you informed

Thanks again Dbroada,

That is exactly the reason.

Is there a way to determine from which .lin file the linetype came? So one would know which linetype to import?

I'm not aware of one.

It would be really nice if you could as I come across this problem with one particular set of drawings. We automate our "loop drawing" production making use of DXF files. I can never track down where the discrepancy come in but it is always after "CHECK PLOT" and before "MASTER"!!!!

Lets hope someone can enlighten us.