How to add and remove blocks from Design Center?

PPCLAR

I am trying to clean up the blocks that I have when I open Design Center. I created a drawing with several blocks. I named it "Block1". Now when I open a different drawing and then open Design Center. I looked for the dwg. named "Block1" and loaded it, but once it loaded I get some old blocks that aren't even in that "Block1". How do I remove the old blocks?

Design center only shows you what is in each file weather it is blocks, dimstyles, layers, etc. Other than cleaning the file out that you have selected in design center there is no way to remove it.

I did a test where I created a file with no blocks and saved it as a new file named "TEST1". Then I opened another file and loaded Design Center. I opened the file named "TEST1" using Design Center in Blocks. My question is, shouldn't there be nothing in Design Center as far as Blocks when I opened the file "TEST1", because I never created any blocks in this file, it was just a blank. But Design Center still loaded some old blocks that were from a different file. I want to stop Design Center from loading these old blocks. How do I remove these blocks from Design Center and start fresh?

Could you share the file you created "Test1" here? It makes no sense to me that you created a new blank file and it showed blocks in it from the design center. I did the same and design center doesnt show any blocks in the blank file I created. Design center cannot create anything, it only shows what is present in each folder or file that is selected.

When you created the new file did you create it from a template? I have placed some blocks that I frequently use in my template file so that they are ready to be inserted when I need them. (Revision marker, view titles, off page reference ...) Open your blank drawing and try purging it. Select the radio button that says "View items that cannot be purged" If there is nothing in either list (can and cannot) there should be no blocks in the drawing.

Glen

I figured it out. All I had to do is type PURGE in the command prompt to remove the existing blocks from that file. I didn't know about this function before. Thanks everyone for your responses.

PEACE OUT.