CopyText.lsp: Copy/Swap Text/MText/Multileader/Attribute Values

alanjt

Admittedly, it was just a guesstimate, but given what I do know about you personally (as little as that may be) I thought for sure you were in your (early?) thirties. :oops:

If in fact you are only in your twenties, I owe you a legitimate apology, and a compliment... you're one of the single, most responsible, and mature twenty-somethings I've every met. For me, that's saying something; being a US Army Officer I've known Soldiers that possessed such a *rare* set of qualities.

No matter your age; you're a man of character, and that is always appreciated. :)

Well, I suppose you aren't too far off, I'm 28, so late twenties. You have my permission to remove the compliments. :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alanjt

• kevynm

• Lee Mac

• gilsoto13

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I suppose you aren't too far off, I'm 28, so late twenties.

Alan, brotha' - good for you. It's not often I am so appreciative, and have truly learned so much from someone !@$% years my junior. :wink:

were-not-worthy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1279170493614

You have my permission to remove the compliments. :)

I don't often pay someone a compliment such as this. So when I do, how about you just be humble, and graciously accept. 8)

Alan, brotha' - good for you. It's not often I am so appreciative, and have truly learned so much from someone !@$% years my junior. :wink:

were-not-worthy.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1279170493614

I don't often pay someone a compliment such as this. So when I do, how about you just be humble, and graciously accept. 8)

Done and done. :)

• 1 year later...
Dear alanjt,

is your lisp attached anywhere here in this Thread? I can not find it and give it a try.

Code reattached.

That was quick! Thank you, I will use your lisp tomorrow at work and see what it can do for me :) Best regards,

That was quick! Thank you, I will use your lisp tomorrow at work and see what it can do for me :) Best regards,

You're welcome. :)

• 2 months later...

It's rediculously awesome LISP. Only missing one thing. The ability to change text of an attribute in miltileader block. I could really really use that! Still awesome

Is there any way to incorporate a specification to select a window instead of an object? I am using this lisp in a script of mine to select lines of text from the same point to copy and paste into a title block. The problem lies where the point I select might be the empty part of the letter "L" or it might actually select the block. This make the selection inconsistent and the script faults too often.

I am only an intern, and I don't have enough time to dive into the AutoLISP language in order to rewrite the selection routine to enable a window to be used. Thanks for the help!

• 3 years later...

Hello Lee, and thank you for this lisp.

Do you think it is easy to disable the copy of the text when the Destination is a text, mtext or whatelse inside a block (except attribute).

The lisp in the first post had this feature, sadly it does not support mtext formatting like yours.

Thank you.

Hello Lee, and thank you for this lisp.

You're welcome!

Do you think it is easy to disable the copy of the text when the Destination is a text, mtext or whatelse inside a block (except attribute).

The lisp in the first post had this feature, sadly it does not support mtext formatting like yours.

Do you mean to restrict the user from selecting nested destination objects?

I meant that the other lisp wouldn't let me replace texts or mtexts or else witch are inside a block since they are not an attribute.

And i think it's a great thing, because it's so dangerous to replace a text in a block (thus you only see that you mistaken once having regen your drawing !!! Drama inside :))

By the way the lisp i'm talking is situated in the poste #6 of this thread.

See the code when it says : "Can't paste to block's DText or MText "

This would be a setting if you like, but personally i never change (the hard way) a text of a bloc (too dangerous) i prefer creating another block with another text. If ever i want to change the text or else witch is not an attribute i edit the block the normal way (bedit).

Thank you.

I meant that the other lisp wouldn't let me replace texts or mtexts or else witch are inside a block since they are not an attribute.

In my CopySwapTextV1-4.lsp program here, add the following on a new line after line 189:

(   (= 4 (length sel))
   (princ "\nNested objects are not permitted.")
)

Lee, the addon is good for one way from Text to nested text into a block. But now it does not permitt to copy a text from nested block to another simple text. If you know what to change ?

Thank you really.

Edited by funkybebel83

Use the following hack in place of my last suggestion:

(   (and (= ini "Multiple Settings Exit") (= 4 (length sel)))
   (princ "\nNested objects are not permitted.")
)

You're just amazing man !

Thank you so much !

It's really impressive, i hope some day to understand just a single line lol !

Greetings from France !

• 3 months later...

Lee, thank you so much for the copy swap text LISP routine. It has saved me so much time. I was curious, is there any way to edit it so that you can copy from a dimension to another dimension. I know that you can do it from the dimension to text, mtext, mleader, etc. but not to another dimension. For example, let's say that the dimension read 5.0' min. If you look at the actual text it is min because the is the dimension. It would be nice to be able to copy this to another dimension like 12.0'. Then I could copy it so that it would be 12.0' min, but the is kept for both dimensions. Would something like this be possible, or is it to complex to retain the field for the dimension?

• 5 years later...