Dimension "style overrides"

bbfirebird

Each time I open a drawing, on my arrow dimension I get a style override which is always scaled at 96. Even if I delete the style override, when I close the drawing and open it again, it's back. It's always on the "arrow" dimension, never any other dimensions. I don't know why it's been doing this, it just started one day out of nowhere. Is there a way I can get rid of it? I'm using AutoCAD 2005.

Each time I open a drawing, on my arrow dimension I get a style override which is always scaled at 96. Even if I delete the style override, when I close the drawing and open it again, it's back. It's always on the "arrow" dimension, never any other dimensions. I don't know why it's been doing this, it just started one day out of nowhere. Is there a way I can get rid of it? I'm using AutoCAD 2005.

Are you using any 3rd party add-ons? Any startup lisp/vba/arx routines?

It sounds like something is setting this at startup

Run the "U" command after you open a drawing until it says "Everything has been undone" & "Nothing to undo"

Now check your dimstyle again.

Are you using any 3rd party add-ons? Any startup lisp/vba/arx routines?

It sounds like something is setting this at startup

Run the "U" command after you open a drawing until it says "Everything has been undone" & "Nothing to undo"

Now check your dimstyle again.

I did that, and it didn't solve the problem. I do use some custom lisp routines, but none of them have been changed or edited before this problem started. The weird thing is, it only does it on some drawings. I don't know why. Thanks for your advice nonetheless though, I appreciate it.

I did that, and it didn't solve the problem.

You did what and it didn't solve the problem?

According to your first post, if you delete the override, save the drawing, then reopen the drawing, the override is there again.

If that is accurate, then there has to be either a startup routine or a routine that is firing just before exiting (including another save), that is modifying the drawing database.

I did that, and it didn't solve the problem.

You did what and it didn't solve the problem?

According to your first post, if you delete the override, save the drawing, then reopen the drawing, the override is there again.

If that is accurate, then there has to be either a startup routine or a routine that is firing just before exiting (including another save), that is modifying the drawing database.

After the drawing opened, I hit undo until it said "everything has been undone" and "nothing to undo", like you said in your first post. But when I checked the dimstyle, the style overrides were still there.

What I don't understand is that this problem only occurs with drawings in certain job sets. For example, if I have 5 jobs, and I keep all the drawings for each job in a separate folder on my hard drive, maybe only 2 or 3 jobs will have this problem. But the problem exists with every drawing that is in that given job folder, and the style overrides are always set at 96 (I usually keep it at 240 or 360). And yes, the style overrides will be there, then I delete them, save the drawing and close it, and they are there when I re-open the file.

This started happening out of nowhere, which is what I don't understand. I didn't edit or add any lisp routines (I don't know how to edit them anyway), it just started one day.

I get the same thing, have not tried solving it, but I think its because we bounce back and forth between CAD 04 and LDD, but it could be coming from a lsp. If I find the bugger I'll let you know.

Sorry no help

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm using AutoCAD 2010 and have, for weeks now, experienced a similar problem. Each time I open a drawing and begin to add a dimension I find a style override is current. I delete it, close the drawing and re-open only to find the same style override in existence. I solved it and here's how:

From the File pulldown go to Drawing Utitities/Purge. First purge all blocks which may contain bits and pieces of a dimstyle you created or may exist in the drawing. Now go to Dimension styles. Note any that may not be in use in your current drawing...like a dimension style that existed in a drawing you used to create the one your working with now. Purge all non-current or not in use dimension styles. Now go back to Blocks and see if there may be some blocks that need to be purged that were part of a dimension style. Save your changes, close the drawing and re-open it. Should fix the pesky dimstyle override problem. Did for me.