Updating Lisps

grasshopper

I recently updated to autoCAD 2009, I was currently using Lisps from autoCAD 2008, now that I have 2009 installed into a fresh computer, I copied all my Lisps from my Old Computer and loaded them into the new one and not all of them work for 2009, I did not create any of the commands so I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You,

As far as I know Lisps, if they are written correctly, shouldn't be too version-dependent. The easiest way for you I would say is either to find someone at your office that has a hang on writing lisps to check the out for you. Or if they are a limited number, try pasting them here are see if someone can take a look at them.

I have moved your thread to the Customization forum as well, you'll probably get more responsed there.

The most common problems with running old lisp on newer versions:

Some of the commands and their options in newer versions have changed or updated so depending on how the code in the lisp is written there may be issues. Typically if there is a command issue you will see some sort of error on the command line like “unknown command” or “invalid input”. You should write down any command lien errors so the person looking at the lisp code will have an idea what to look for.

Sometimes a lisp will have a start command that is the same as a typical hot key command in your pgp file this will cause problems. So you will either have to change the programs start command or change the conflicting pgp file command.

Example: say you have a lisp that you type PL to start the program and you have PL assigned to the polyline command then you might have an issue.

If the lisp file is a compiled vlx file you will need the original lsp file to fix it because you cannot edit a vlx file.

You say you 'loaded' them on your new computer. Does that mean you copied them to your new computer? If so are they in Acad's support path? In order for a lisp routine to work it must be loaded into each instance of a dwg file. This can be done by Appload, Appload > Startup Suite, acaddoc.lsp file, CUI, Toolpalette, or at the command line. Are you sure you are loading them in Acad? Do you know how they were loaded in your last computer?

BTW, I think if a lisp has the same command name as an alias, the lisp will override the .pgp file.

"...and not all of them work for 2009."

This leads me to believe the OP was at least partially successful. Personally I am puzzled. There isn't a great deal of difference between 2008 and 2009. I would expect all the routines to run without a problem. Might want to check a website such as JTB World as it usually details what commands and variables were changed, added or dropped when a new version is released. Then somehow a non-working routine would have to be cross-checked to this list. Is this a sensible approach?