AutoCAD 2010 Student Version: Initial Setup

tli3

Does anyone know how to access Initial Setup in AutoCAD 2010 Student Version? Its meant to be in Options>User Preferences but I couldn't find it in the window. Could it be because its a student version??

Thanks!!

To change the initial set-up of the software e.g. default template etc.

I've seen screenshots of the Options>User Preferences window with an 'Initial Set-up' tab at the bottom left corner, which is missing on my version of AutoCAD!

Capture.JPG

Maybe if it's because you are using Architecture and not just plain Autocad? Just a guess. :unsure:

There's not much to change in the Initial Setup dialog. The first page of the setup dialog lets you choose the drawing environment, (Architecture, Civil, Electrical, etc.). You're already using Architecture, so that page is irrelevant for you.

The second page lets you pick a Workspace, but you can do that from the "Workspaces" toolbar.

The third page lets you select your default template, but if you want to change your default startup template, just go to the "Files" tab and then scroll down to "Template Settings" and then select "Default Template File Name for QNEW". You can set your startup template there.

That's it for the Initial setup dialog. You're not missing much.

• 1 month later...

There is no functional difference between student version and commercial version. In fact, with the correct serial number the trial or student version can be registered as commercial.

Either go to Options>Profiles tab and select Vanilla profile

or

Go to Start >Programs>Autodesk>AutoCAD Architecture>Run as AutoCAD, rather than starting from desktop icon. (You can drag a vanilla AutoCAD icon to the desktop if desired.)

Post back if this isn't the problem.

I have the full version of 2010 running and the option refered to as Initial Setup does exist, as mentioned above, in the lower left-hand corner of the User Preferences dialog window. Do you recall answering any questions during installation of the software (ex. - Industry) or when you booted up Map 3D for the very first time?