Dynamic Block Section Arrow

derek

I'm trying to create a very simple section arrow with dynamic block. I can get the second arrow to stretch but for some reason the attribute text remains locked into place.

I know this is editable to turn it off "unlocked" but when I do that the stretch & scale commands filter the text from the selection anyway?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

File attached to see where Im going wrong.

Thanks

Section.dwg

You may need to add a Point Parameter and a Move Action to your attribute.

Add the newly created Point Parameter to your existing Stretch Action; then for the newly created Move Action, add the attribute, and the newly created Point Parameter.

Why recreate the wheel? There is a dynamic section callout on the Annotation tab of the Tool Palettes in 2009 and it supports multiple directions.

Why recreate the wheel? There is a dynamic section callout on the Annotation tab of the Tool Palettes in 2009 and it supports multiple directions.

Im working with AutoCAD MAP 3D 2009, the ribbon and drop down menu's are slightly different. Do you have any idea what the command prompt for that is?

Thanks remark

You may need to add a Point Parameter and a Move Action to your attribute.

Add the newly created Point Parameter to your existing Stretch Action; then for the newly created Move Action, add the attribute, and the newly created Point Parameter.

Couldn't get that to work either!!

Man such a simple thing is driving me mad.

I added the point at the end of the section where I want to stretch.

In stretch action I have:

Objects & point parameter (also included text but didnt work either)

In move action I have:

Point parameter and the text.

No joy at all.

Am I missing something?

Do you have any idea what the command prompt for that is?

I'm guessing this is in MAP...

Hit Ctrl+3 to open Toolpalettes, select the Annotation tab

Assuming I cant edit the style of the section call-off?

Our CAD standards are pretty sticky on how section marks should look and obviously the autocad one doesnt match.

Sorry if these are noob questions but Ive not used the tool palettes function before in 2009

It has to be saved in a drawing or it is a drawing itself. Right-click on the section callout in the Toolpalette and select Properties. When the Tool Properties window comes up look at the entry for Source File. That's where you will find the section callout. Now go edit it to your heart's content and the company's strict standards. Well, what are you waiting for? I'm not going to do it for you.:lol:

It has to be saved in a drawing or it is a drawing itself. Right-click on the section callout in the Toolpalette and select Properties. When the Tool Properties window comes up look at the entry for Source File. That's where you will find the section callout. Now go edit it to your heart's content and the company's strict standards. Well, what are you waiting for? I'm not going to do it for you.:lol:

Cheers remark but am I not now back to the same problem of having to explode the dynamic block and figure out how the damn things work? IE assigning rotation, stretch properties and so on?

Thanks anyway Im going to store the annotation in there when Im finished though

What exactly are you trying to do? I don't understand why you have a stretch and a scale action on each parameter? The text will be straight forward but for now please explain exactly what you want the block to do? Stretch both ways from one handle? Stretch in increments? Stretch and scale simultaneously?

What exactly are you trying to do? I don't understand why you have a stretch and a scale action on each parameter? The text will be straight forward but for now please explain exactly what you want the block to do? Stretch both ways from one handle? Stretch in increments? Stretch and scale simultaneously?

It's alright I confused myself but eventually found my way with it.

Thanks for the replies.