Marine Details

davidworkman

I need a Container Crane. We are putting together a propossal for a new conatainer terminal and i need a very detailed block for this phase. it dosent matter what type it jsut has to be pretty detailed. when it gets approved then we will pick a manufacturer and get better dwgs. Tried the local colleges and nothing.

Do you have Sketchup? I bet you could find some container cranes that you could download. I think you can export to AutoCAD. Someone here familiar with Sketchup enough to tell me if I am right or wrong?

Thanks Tankman. Actually, when you look at this particular crane it doesn't seem it would take much effort to draw one up in 2D. A few beams, some wheels, an overhead hoist and an operator's cab.

I did find a source for a 3D container crane for sale at a cost of $30. I think this is a reasonable price. Maybe David would be interested in that. I'll have to go back and get a link.

I'll be back. Terminator

That was quick! Here's the link:

http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=159572

Looks easy enough to trace over.

Just for practice, I downloaded the *.jpg image, the drawing was a scan. Doesn't work well for conversion but, I gave it a shot.

Should give David something to do today, at least a start, and free! 8)

Container_Crane.jpg

Looks good enough to work off of to me. I wonder how much "detail" he needs?

I think he only wanted a visual of some sort, a presentation.

Years ago I had a small program called "TRACE", didn't work great but, at least a little jump start. Just like pdf2cad, sometimes ugly but gets you out of the gate! :wink: