Dimensions disappearing behind viewports

Yoosetsu

Hi you folks there,

I've got across some annoying thing and I can't find the solution, so I hope that someone out there could find it. Here goes.

I made a 3D piece in model space and after that, I made a layout to with a nice block to plot. While adding the viewports, all OK, but then I started to add the dimensions...

I placed the first one and it suddenly dissapeared ! While hovering with the mousse over the place where I put it, the dimension becomes visible again, but dissapeared when I moved the mouse off of it... I then figured out by reducing the viewport that the bit of dimension sticking out of the viewport boundaries becomes visible ! So, it seems like the dimensions are hidden BEHIND the viewport. The thing is, that once plotted, it stays behind the viewport, so unvisible on the plotted drawing. All my dimensions are on the same layer, so : how can I get the layer on top of the viewports ?

Thanks a bunch :wink:

Hi you folks there,

I've got across some annoying thing and I can't find the solution, so I hope that someone out there could find it. Here goes.

I made a 3D piece in model space and after that, I made a layout to with a nice block to plot. While adding the viewports, all OK, but then I started to add the dimensions...

I placed the first one and it suddenly dissapeared ! While hovering with the mousse over the place where I put it, the dimension becomes visible again, but dissapeared when I moved the mouse off of it... I then figured out by reducing the viewport that the bit of dimension sticking out of the viewport boundaries becomes visible ! So, it seems like the dimensions are hidden BEHIND the viewport. The thing is, that once plotted, it stays behind the viewport, so unvisible on the plotted drawing. All my dimensions are on the same layer, so : how can I get the layer on top of the viewports ?

Thanks a bunch :wink:

Change the SHADEMODE setting to 2D for the viewport.

select the viewport, right click and select draw order then send to back

In AutoCAD2008 ?

when I select the viewport and right click I got a little drop-down menu with :

"Enter ; Dynamic Input ; Move ; Mirror ; Rotate ; Scale ; Stretch ; Base Point ; Copy ; Undo ; Properties ; Exit" There is no draw order... :(

Change the SHADEMODE setting to 2D for the viewport.

The thing is that it used to work also with 3D Hidden, as I did before. I even used the vsobscurededges (value 1) and it gave nice result. But now, the dimensions are hidden by the viewport.

select the viewport, right click and select draw order then send to back

Ok, I found the "Bring to front" command (in the menu "Drawing order"), but it didn't work...:x I was thinking about maybe he puts a white nontransparent background in the viewport. If so, I don't know how it got there and I don't know how to get it transparent either.

Other thing is : I have a layout for A4 papar and a layout for A3 paper. The problem is only present in the A3 layout. The layout with the A4 paper is still OK... Adds another difficulty to the problem ? Or the solution for someone ? Please... ? Pretty please... ? :)