DBX replace linetypes in linetype table

ollie

I notice you are really persisting with this DBX. Can you elaborate on the DBX in your title, because perhaps you will get an answer if you split the question in two. Replace linetypes in linetype table... what have you tried, what's not working, etc..

I notice you are really persisting with this DBX. Can you elaborate on the DBX in your title, because perhaps you will get an answer if you split the question in two. Replace linetypes in linetype table... what have you tried, what's not working, etc..

Hi

Sorry it is a bit vague

The ActiveX approach to accessing the dwg database without opening the document using the ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument

So far I have tried

Changing the name of the linetype in the linetype table

Changing the description...

Using the dbx object to select the each of the spaces and steppping through each entity in the space and changing the line type on each

Ok, then I suggest you tackle "Changing the name of the linetype in the linetype table" first (then use an objectDBX template floating around somewhere). Can I reword this request to be you want to change all lines in a drawing to have a particular linetype?

Have you tried any code for this? (just a guess vla-put-linetype?)

I suppose first you'd have to make sure the linetype exists in the drawing, and then just a matter of changing it.

To load a linetype check out:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=23888.0 or http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=25362.0

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=7751.0

I reckon with a bit of searching you'll be able to find how to change the linetype of an object. Then you just gotta put it all together...

thanks,

I don't have any trouble loading linetypes, just physicallly modifying the entities

(defun c:changeLineType ( / LTStr ln)
 (AND (setq LTStr (getstring "\nEnter LineType to Change to: "))
      (setq ln (car (entsel "\nSelect Line: ")))
      (vla-put-linetype (vlax-ename->vla-object ln) LTStr))
 (princ)
 )

and modify something like this. (There are others out there maybe more suitable for your needs)

Getting there?