LIST to TXT files

Coosbaylumber

LIST to TXT files

Is there a way to go from a LIST file over to a TXT type of file? Iffn' I type out LIST then hit a line it puts out the information OK. But, there it must create some sort of a temporary file, for I cannot find that infomation via a DIR of the same file. It is gone then and cannot read again.

How then can I get and see the information off the LIST file, such that I can print it out. The guy on other side of blow horn flat does not understand what I am seeing. Better yet I would like to create a TXT type of file that can be shipped via internet for others miles from here for them to use and print out. I can see the information I want to talk about but how do I translate that information into a useable file that others can use then. Is zero tabs for "Print this" or Save this as.. in my Autocad drawing editor.

(Going on here I think we got a case of wrong coordinates going on here) and I do not plan on being in the office for a few days now.

Wm.

What I do is highlight the text the LIST command generates then I go to the top left-hand corner of the AutoCAD Text Window and click on the word Edit. In the drop-down menu I select Copy. I then open either Notepad or Word and Paste the text in a new document and save it as a TXT or DOC file. Print it out or email it.

I agree with ReMark.

For frequent uses, here is an other way:

-Enter in the command line LOGFILEON

-get the desired information using the LIST or ID or whatever command better suits your needs

-stop recording by typing LOGFILEOFF in the command line

-Right-click in the command line, choose Options, select the File tab and search for the location where AutoCAD saved the log file

-with Windows explorer go to that location. Open the log file with Notepad and edit it (if needed). Save the changes and send the file, or print it.

Try this:

(defun c:ListLog (/ #SS)
 (cond ((setq #SS (ssget))
        (setvar 'logfilemode 1)
        (command "_.list" #SS "")
        (setvar 'logfilemode 0)
        (startapp "Notepad" (getvar 'logfilename))
       )
 ) ;_ cond
 (princ)
) ;_ defun

Well, two things are going on.

1. the highlight and paste method does not work. I cannot highlight anything. Thus cannot paste anything.

2. The logfilemode lsp software seems to work OK, but I never get prompted as to any file name, nor does it create one or save to one. According to my Help file, I need to use Logfilename and then enter a name before going after what is in the LISTing. I then presume it would get filled up with whatever got printed off in LIST mode. I would think that the file name (with a .TXT extension) needs to be created before I get too far into the project. The newly created information via the LSP file is now going to ....?

Wm.

Well, two things are going on.

1. the highlight and paste method does not work. I cannot highlight anything. Thus cannot paste anything.

thats odd it lets me highlight and copy, although i can also just right click and select copy history and it copy's everything that way also