Dotted Line help

waterdoc

I am working with a drawing that uses custom pen settings for color. Each layer has its own color depending on the desired outcome of the associated pen settings. One layer only has one poly-line in it with the color that represents a dotted line. When I plot the drawing the dotted line is not uniform. It starts/stops over the dots, due to short pline segments. Linetype Adaptive is ON. Linetype generation is Enabled. Not sure of the impact of either of these but listed them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

D

I have attached a pdf of an example of the issue. At the bottom the is the problem with the dots.

Example.pdf

Route.dwg

Thank everyone for responding.. I checked the elevations and they are all the same, also I did not see any overlap. I have attached the route dwg to the original thread. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

What you have got are two polylines, 0.027 units apart and closed at each end to make a closed polyline.

I am not quite sure what is happening, but to sort it out, I broke the double polyline at each end, erased one of them. Exploded all that were left, and then Pedit the remainder to form one polyline and turned on LTgen.

Perhaps at the scale you were plotting them, a single line along the centreline of the pipe would be more easy to handle.

I am sure that was the issue, at the scale I am dealing with the width is negligible. I will look in to it later and let you know for sure if that was the issue. Thanks for your help.

I am sure that the width is negligible, but because there were two lines, and something was happening to the LTGen, the dots on each side were not lining up, A single line is simpler.

First.. thank everyone for you help. Ok after a long exhausting session I determined the problem was due to the layer being X-Referenced in. I have no idea why, but I do know it was the issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks

D

I still think that your problem originated in the double line. The symbol spacing sticks to a consistent distance, and with two lines, the spacing on one side is not in synchronization with the other side.

If you use a single line, there will be no problem. X-Reffing did not cause your problem.

This is my experience with this map. Prior to this I would have agreed with you 100% that a polyline reference has NOTHING to do with how it is plotted. However, I deleted the extra line and plotted and the issue persisted. I then went in and copied the polyline from the referenced drawing and brought them into the main drawing in its own layer. Turned off the referenced layer.. the problem was solved. I would like to post both files so someone else could try on a diffrent machine, but its far too big. So the result is I agree with you, but the experience proves otherwise.