tag string vs. alignment point question

TroutKing

Hello

I’m having an issue that I hope someone can help me with:

I have many drawings in a folder which have old title blocks that I am replacing with new ones. I have code from a friend that I have adjusted, which gathers and stores the old title block attribute information by using each individual attributes’ tag string as reference.

The problem I am now encountering is that the old title blocks for this particular project have duplicate tag strings for a variety of the embedded attributes.

So, instead of using each tag string as reference now, I have been trying to get the code to store the attribute information by recognizing the individual attribute by its alignment point or/and its insertion point. However, I have not been able to get any of these ideas to work for me.

My code writing is sketchy so the code that I have manipulated is long and rambling and it’s probably best that I do not post all of it here. It would likely just be confusing and probably so messy that no one would want to spend the time winding through it and lose interest before helping me. I believe the code below shows what I’m trying to accomplish. After storing the attribute information earlier in the code as a1, a2, a3 etc, I can then add it to the new titleblock. This works well when I use “attObj.TagString”, but does not work if I change it to “attObj.TextAlignmentPoint” or “attObj.InsertionPoint”. Example:

If StrComp(blkRefObj.Name, OriginalTitleblock, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
           attArr = blkRefObj.GetAttributes
               For k = 0 To UBound(attArr)
               Set attObj = attArr(k)

If StrComp(attObj. attObj.TagString, OriginalTagName_1, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
                       a1 = attObj.TextString
-or-

If StrComp(attObj.TextAlignmentPoint, OriginalTextAlignmentPoint_2, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
                       a2 = attObj.TextString
-or-

If StrComp(attObj.InsertionPoint, OriginalInsertionPoint_3, vbTextCompare) = 0 Then
                       a3 = attObj.TextString 

Can someone tell me why my ideas will not work? Or better yet, point me in the right direction so that I can make the title block swap work for me? As always I appreciate any help

Thank you,

Mike