Copy a Viewport & keep VP Frozen Layers

cedwards

I was wondering if there is a way to copy a Viewport(from layout to layout) & keep the VP Frozen Layers frozen.

Thanks,

you're working in Paper Space so in the layout tab create a copy, I think you've already done this correct? in the layer manager click the box that says freeze or thaw in current viewport. that should dothe trick

• 2 months later...

this would only work if you want to copy all the viewports - what if you want to copy a single viewport (showing a keyplan for instance) into a drawing with multiple tabs. everytime you paste it, the frozen layers unthaw. i cannot freeze those layers as they are used in the floor plans. any thoughts??

thanks

tony

I was wondering if there is a way to copy a Viewport(from layout to layout) & keep the VP Frozen Layers frozen.

Thanks,

There may be better ways but you can make the VP a block, then insert it, explode, and the layers will be set the same.