Annotations won't plot

julimor

I'm getting some rust off and I've run across a problem I can't seem to solve. When I choose a dimension style that is annotative it will appear in the workspace but not in paper space and it won't plot.

For instance, in the Architectural tool palette, choosing the Text (Straight Leader) tool will give me the leader and text in the workspace. When I view it in paper space the text is gone but the leaders are there. Likewise, if I use dimensioning with an annotative dimension style both the text and the dimension lines don't appear in paper space. Neither will show up in plot preview.

And suggestions?

Thanks,

Julie

Alright, a fellow Chicagoan (born and raised there)!

Make sure that your annotative items match the scale that your viewport is set to.

Same here! Born, raised and, for some silly reason, still living in Chicago! Maybe the earth's axis will turn and we'll be at the equator enjoying the best sailing in the world!

Yes, I'm a sailor too.

cedwards: thank you for the help but it didn't work. Still can't see text and other things in paper space. But I'll keep trying!

What is the annotative scale that your dimensions/notes are set to? It has to match the scale that your viewport is set to, otherwise they won't show up.

Sailor as in NAVY, or sailor as in "I like boats"? (I was in the ARMY from '96-04)

• 4 years later...

(foreach lay (layoutlist)(command "_LAYOUT" "_Set" lay "ANNOALLVISIBLE" 1)) 

Had the same problem on multiple drawings and layouts, heres a quick button you can make for anyone else who has this issue.