Cross Sections

Copac

Hi all,

I am a land surveyor currently working in Belfast. We are currently undertaking a survey around the Belfast area-this includes, kerblines, top of kerb, services, road markings, walls etc, really high spec stuff.

The total job length is 59,000 linear metres, and the client wants cross sections every 10 metres. The program I am using to extract the cross sections is GEOSITE, but this has to be used before the drawing is tidied up in autocad...which causes a massive headache. I would rather fully complete the drawing in autocad and then extract.

I was wondering is there a function within autocad to do this (2008 or is there another program that can handle this?

Cheers

Copac

How does GEOSITE use to create the cross-sections? Is it before exporting to AutoCAD, or does it work within AutoCAD. but using what objects?

I'm wondering why it can't work on a "tidied up" drawing? Are you adding features in AutoCAD, such as 3-d linework, that need to be shown in the cross-sections?

Geosite's website indicates it has some export & import capabilities but not clear if you could import a "surface" (say 3d faces), manipulate it, then export back into Geosite for running sections.

http://www.korecgroup.com/measured-solutions/software/software/geosite-professional.php

AutoCAD "vanilla" can't create cross-sections, you'd need Autodesk Civil3D or other survey software.