Can I make a line for text style in the ACADDOC file?

AQucsaiJr

Our client is asking for all the text we create to be in ROMANS font. Can I add a line to my ACADDOC.lsp file to make this happen? Or is there a better way?

It should already be part of the template used for this client.

Not sure what you mean. Right now if I look up the default text style in this clients drawings it is set to standard.

you have to understand the difference between the STYLE and the FONT. Each text style has a font associated with it. If you associate the romans font with the standard style you will get what you want.

as Mark suggested you should have that already set up in your template which will enable all new drawings to have the correct font.

As everyone else said, set this up beforehand by creating the desired STYLE in your template drawing(s).

If you simply need some code to create a NEW style, regardless of the drawing, the following will create a new style named ROMANS, whose font is ROMANS.SHX with a fixed height of 0.12. It has no effect if the ROMANS style already exists.

(entmake
 (list
   (cons 0 "STYLE")
   (cons 100 "AcDbSymbolTableRecord")
   (cons 100 "AcDbTextStyleTableRecord")
   (cons 2 "ROMANS")
   (cons 3 "Romans.shx")
   (cons 40 0.12)
   (cons 70 0)
 )
)

I See... The reason I am searching for this is because occasionally we submit a drawing package, they come back to us and say the text needs to be changed to ROMANS, so I am guessing it is not set to that by default.

The beauty of a template is that everything you need is already preset. This can include layers, text style/font, dimension style, layouts, etc. No matter who uses the template they know about the presets and everyone is productive from the get go rather than left to their own devices and wasting precious, billable time setting all these parameters up from scratch.

I think I understand now... We don't actually work off templates. We only work with existing drawings. We do not create anything from scratch.

I think I understand now... We don't actually work off templates. We only work with existing drawings. We do not create anything from scratch.

Then the answer provided by rkm should be all the help you need.