Moving objects to new layers

woodman78

I have this lisp that I pieced together to take a dxf output and rearrange it onto a set of standard layers.

I am getting an error with it bur I was wondering if someone can write it more efficiently??

Thanks

(defun c:DoerVer(/)
(command "_.-layer" "_N" "CCC_DOER_LA0001" "_M" "CCC_DOER_LA0001" "_C" "253" "CCC_DOER_LA0001" "_LW" "0.3" "CCC_DOER_LA0001" "" )
(command "_.-layer" "_N" "CCC_DOER_LA0002" "_M" "CCC_DOER_LA0002" "_C" "7" "CCC_DOER_LA0002" "_LW" "0.3" "CCC_DOER_LA0002" "" )
(command "_.-layer" "_N" "CCC_DOER_LA0003" "_M" "CCC_DOER_LA0003" "_C" "84" "CCC_DOER_LA0003" "_LW" "0.3" "CCC_DOER_LA0003" "" )
(command "_.-layer" "_N" "CCC_DOER_LA0004" "_M" "CCC_DOER_LA0004" "_C" "1" "CCC_DOER_LA0004" "_LW" "0.3" "CCC_DOER_LA0004" "" )
(command "_.-layer" "_N" "CCC_DOER_LA0005" "_M" "CCC_DOER_LA0005" "_C" "2" "CCC_DOER_LA0005" "_LW" "0.3" "CCC_DOER_LA0005" "" )
(command "_.-layer" "_N" "CCC_DOER_LA0006" "_M" "CCC_DOER_LA0006" "_C" "7" "CCC_DOER_LA0006" "_LW" "0.3" "CCC_DOER_LA0006" "" )
(command "_change" "all" ""  "p" "layer" "CCC_DOER_LA0006" "" )
(setq blue(ssget "x" '((62 . 5))))
(command "_change" blue ""  "p" "layer" "CCC_DOER_LA0001" "color" "bylayer" "")
(setq magenta(ssget "x" '((62 . 6))))
(command "_change" magenta ""  "p" "layer" "CCC_DOER_LA0002" "color" "bylayer" "")
(setq green(ssget "x" '((62 . 3))))
(command "_change" green ""  "p" "layer" "CCC_DOER_LA0003" "color" "bylayer" "")
(setq red(ssget "x" '((62 . 1))))
(command "_change" red ""  "p" "layer" "CCC_DOER_LA0004" "color" "bylayer" "")
(setq yellow(ssget "x" '((62 . 2))))
(command "_change" yellow ""  "p" "layer" "CCC_DOER_LA0005" "color" "bylayer" "")
(setq text1(ssget "x" '((8 . "TEXT"))))
(command "_change" text1 ""  "p"  "color" "bylayer" "") 

(princ)
)   

Not sure if this is the best way to tabulate the data, but it should be faster than what you are using.

(defun c:DoerVer (/ *error* Make_Layer Layers obj ss tag)
 (vl-load-com)

(setq Layers

; Old Color    ; New Layer     ; Layer Color ; Layer Lineweight

'((5   . ("CCC_DOER_LA0001"     253          "030"))
          (6   . ("CCC_DOER_LA0002"       7          "030"))
          (3   . ("CCC_DOER_LA0003"      84          "030"))
          (1   . ("CCC_DOER_LA0004"       1          "030"))
          (2   . ("CCC_DOER_LA0005"       2          "030"))
          (nil . ("CCC_DOER_LA0006"       7          "030")))

)

(setq *doc* (cond (*doc*) ((vla-get-ActiveDocument
                              (vlax-get-acad-object)))))

(defun *error* (msg)
   (or (wcmatch (strcase msg) "*BREAK,*CANCEL*,*EXIT*")
       (princ (strcat "\n** Error: " msg " **")))
   (princ))  

(defun Make_Layer (lay Col LnW)
   (cond (  (tblsearch "LAYER" lay))

(  (setq lObj (vla-add (vla-get-Layers *doc*) lay))

(vla-put-color lObj Col)
            (vla-put-lineweight lObj
              (eval (read (strcat "acLnWt" LnW)))))))

(mapcar
   (function
     (lambda (x) (apply (function Make_Layer) (cdr x)))) Layers)

(if (ssget "_X")
   (progn
     (vlax-for obj (setq ss (vla-get-ActiveSelectionSet *doc*))

(if (setq tag (assoc (vla-get-color obj) Layers))
         (mapcar
           (function
             (lambda (x y) (vlax-put-property obj x y))) '(color layer)

(list acByLayer (cadr tag))))

(if (eq "TEXT" (vla-get-layer obj))
         (vla-put-color obj acByLayer)))

(vla-delete ss)))

(princ))

Thanks for that LeeMac. That did the job. One other thing, Part of the output file that I am applying the lisp to creates two green lines that are always 2.25 units apart vertically. I include the dxf to see what i mean. They are both the same colour. Is it possible to select the lower line and move that to layer CCC_DOER_LA0005. This is for a long section.

I also run a modified version of this lisp for a set of cross sections. Each of those cross sections contains the two green lines too. Is it possible to scan the drawing and move the lower green lines to a separate layer to be turned off??

Thanks.

Thanks for that LeeMac. That did the job. One other thing, Part of the output file that I am applying the lisp to creates two green lines that are always 2.25 units apart vertically. I include the dxf to see what i mean. They are both the same colour. Is it possible to select the lower line and move that to layer CCC_DOER_LA0005. This is for a long section.

I also run a modified version of this lisp for a set of cross sections. Each of those cross sections contains the two green lines too. Is it possible to scan the drawing and move the lower green lines to a separate layer to be turned off??

Thanks.

You would have to create an ssget filter using some characteristic of the line - whether it be always at some elevation, or the y-coord is always the same, or perhaps it has a known length.

But picking a single line automatically without any defining characteristics is a nightmare...

OK.

Thanks anyway Lee. Worth a shot.

Well, I'm not saying that it is impossible - but does the line have any "defining" features that set it aside from other lines that you do not want selected?