AutoCAD 2009 Won't run on my new computer

DJwin7

I've just built a new computer running Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Unfortunately, when I tried to install AutoCAD 2009 from my disk, it says that it can't run on my operating system. ????? What should I do now?

assuming its a 64 bit version of cad, i know only cad 2010 is listed as working on win7 but i have 2008 32 bit working fine on win7 pro on my laptop so it should work.

Welcome DJwin7 to the forums. Hope all's well down under!

You can run older versions of AutoCAD on a newer PC. First you need to load Windows XP mode. This issue is an almost daily problem as the new OS is distributed. :glare:

"Windows 7 is supported in AutoCAD 2010 (and 2011 and higher) and Inventor 2010 (and 2011 and higher).

If you want to install and run older versions of AutoCAD, LT, or Inventor (2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, R11...)

In Win7, you can use the virtualized "XP Mode" available for Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

To use the Windows XP Mode you will need a CPU hardware support. You can detect the HW virtualization support in your processor with the utility havdetectiontool.exe.

The Windows XP Mode add-on (application) can be downloaded from the Microsoft web.

Then you can install the tool through Windows Virtual PC > Windows XP Mode."

• 2 months later...

TANKMAN hey nice talking to u again hey, I just bought a new desktop gateway xs,windows 7 home premium as u know am using autocad 2010,my problem is that i'm using the program and all of sudden the program freezes what could be the problem?thanks

Danny, sorry, not a clue.

Are you multi-tasking? Too many programs open might be leaving your PC with less than the needed system resources.

Try closing all unnecessary programs before opening AutoCAD.

Dannysteel

Im having to use a different PC at work than my normal one and that kept 'hanging' for 10-20 seconds every now and again when I was drawing.

Tracked it down to the anti-virus which was doing a scan of the local network and stopping everything whilst it did it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nukecad is correct, seen background running programs (i.e.: virus scans), backup programs, whatever, really slow PC's and your work down.

Run backups, scans, updates, upgrades, whenever you don't need full steam ahead.