Annotative object not showing in viewport

tzg

Hello all,

I'm using AutoCAD 2010 and I tried creating an annotative dimension but it won't show up in my viewport unless ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 1. Both my annotative and viewport scale are set to 1/8"=1'-0". Anyone know what's going on?

It's because you haven't add 1/8"=1'-0" in your dimension scale list.

Select your dimension, click annotative scale in properties palette. You should see available scales for your dimension. Add the scale so your dimension can be visible when you use the scale in your viewport.

You might want to refer to these tutorial:

http://www.cad-notes.com/2009/09/introduction-to-annotation-scale.html

http://www.cad-notes.com/2009/09/controlling-annotation-scale-further.html

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If anyone else comes here this is how I fixed this problem that TZG was having.

Even though you have the viewport scaled to the same scale as your annotative dimensions and / or text, you need to then click on the viewport properties and select annotative scale -- and select the scale of the annotations you want to show.

So essentially there are 3 settings which need to be correct for the objects to appear!

I hope this helps.

Funk

Actually, changing the VP's Annotation Scale property (the same thing that's displayed in the status bar) changes the view's zoom factor "automatically". Though the other way round doesn't do so: If you change the VP's "Standard Scale" property or use Zoom ###XP to change the view's zoom factor the Anno Scale doesn't update accordingly.

So to make your "3 things to change" into only 2: Rather change the VP's AnnoScale than its zoom factor. I only use the zoom factor for very rare situations where I want one scale displayed but manually "scaled" to a different size ... much like you'd get by plotting the layout at a scale other than 1:1. Though this happened only once in 3 years, and only as a temporary thing - so by "rare" I mean "like chicken teeth"!