The sset dilema

ollie

Hi All

Recently been working with a lot of ssets and the wp,cp methods in particular. These methods seem to be tempormental and don't select all the entities, sometimes any of the entities dispite the fact that the entities are within the point list window.

I have used a few other selection set methods in the background to allow users to continue carrying out the tasks at hand, such as (ssget (list(....))). The question is: What methods do you use to get round this? does anyone know of a foolproof method of point list selectionset creation?

Cheers,

Ollie

They have always been temperamental AFAIK

I remember having to do something like this once upon a time:

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]setq pl '[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b][b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]1 0[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b] [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]3 -12[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b] [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]9 -2[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b] [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]7 -1[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b] [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]1 0[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]setq ll [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]list [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]apply 'min [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]mapcar 'car pl[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
                [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]apply 'min [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]mapcar 'cadr pl[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
       ur [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]list [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]apply 'max [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]mapcar 'car pl[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
                [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]apply 'max [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]mapcar 'cadr pl[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]command [color=#2f4f4f]"_.VIEW"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"_Save"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"TEMP"[/color]
          [color=#2f4f4f]"_.ZOOM"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"_W"[/color] ll ur
          [color=#2f4f4f]"_.REGEN"[/color][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]ssget [color=#2f4f4f]"_CP"[/color] pl[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]command [color=#2f4f4f]"_.VIEW"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"_Restore"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"TEMP"[/color][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

It was a machine part that had tons of arcs that would drive me nuts. I don't think that I would it call fool proof though. David