Display 2D of a 3D model

zionshea

Hi all,

2D TOP-view presentation of a 3D model, displays all details up to a certain pre-defined hight. How can we change this hight, or how can I change this pre-defined setting in order to display ALL details in a 2D presentation (TOP-view).

Thanks.

FLATSHOT does not help - tried to change any of the parameters but all I get is the message "There are no solids or surfaces that can be projected."

I have a 3D draw of a 2-floor building with several Braces at the level of the ceiling.

pleasae see the attached three files that contain: 1. 1st floor 3D, 2. 2nd floor 3D, 3. Xref containing both floors and including several viewports for: a 3D, the fronts and the two floors plans.

I would like some advice from one who uses 3D to create his 2Ds on the Paper Viewports. if possible please answer following questions:

1. How can I display the 2nd floor plan - as you see only the 1st floor plan is displayed as the level of the displayed plan has a certain predefined hight which is about 1.20 meters above the 0.00 level.

2. How can I create about 10 horisontal viewports and place them all on a LONG vertical paper?

3. How can I change the displayed scale of the complete papaer so that each viewport will be able to show its complete (1:50) drawing.

Tikva-1st.zip

Tikva-2nd.zip

Tikva-Complete.zip

1. Can't help you there.

2. The viewports are created in your layout. Stack them so that when they print on this long vertical paper they print one above the other. You must know the width and the length of the roll of paper you're using so you should be able to determine the finished sheet size you'll need.

3. In layouts the plot scale should be 1:1 since each viewport will have an assigned scale applied to it.

I found that you had both 1st and 2nd floor xrefs named the same in your overall dwg. You need give every xref in an overall plan a name, and place each xref on its own layer, preferably the layer name should match the xref name. When I did this, then froze floor 1 in panel #2, the second floor showed up in panel #2 in your overall dwg. Then I froze floor 2 in panel #1 and had floor 1 in panel #1.

This what you were after?

HTH

T-

T,

I assined each of the xrefs to its own layer.

If you will see the right most viewports (1st and 2nd floor plans) you will see that when you VP-freeze the 1st floor layer, then you can only see the construction elements of the second floor. Nothing else from the 2nd floor is dicplayed.

Some parameter should be changed for that purpose.

Well, I'm stumped kiddo. You're using a vertical, which I don't know a darned thing about. I'm a mechanical designer using ACAD 2010 here. There seems to be a problem displaying the 3D geometry, and I suspect you need to talk with someone familiar with your program....very sorry I couldn't help you!