Keeping text centered in a block

chelsea1307

Ive attached the block we use to show cfm's coming off registers and there size. I need the attribute text, and the f that is not an atrribute to be centered under the size, this works fine as long as there are between 100 and 999 cfms anything above or below results with it not being centered. Im assuming im going to need a dynamic block for this but even with that im not sure where to start.

for those of you wondering why i dont just use center as my alignment, it doesnt work when the f is a piece of the block and not part of the attribute. and now those of you thinking why dont you make the f part of the attribute, yes you have to type it everytime but you dont have the center issues, this also a good point and the way the block was set up until recently did just that, but when using fields and adding the cfm's together and placing in another block for data extraction, you cannot have an f or it will not add the numbers together. any suggestions would be great

REGTXT2.DWG

Couple of questions:

1. What is the significance of the "f"?

2. Do you have a set list of CFM's that you need to show or can it be anything between 1 and 9,999?

I'm thinking a visibility state or list would work.

the f denotes that it is a cfm it can pretty much be anything between 5 and 9995, they all end in either 0 or 5, ive never had one below 45 or above 2500 but technically it could be anything

One thing you could do is have a description of how to read the block (i.e. SIZE over CFM) on your cover sheet, then you could drop the "f" completely. Other than that, I don't know how you would do this other than a visibility state but that would only work if you had a handful of common sizes available to you.

would it be possible with a lisp to go through a drawing and replace all of my blocks that have cfm attributes over 999 with block a and all that have cfm attributes under 100 with block b? Then i can just create 2 more blocks that have the text centered under them with two digits and one that works with 4 digits