Dynamic Block Scaling issue...

erratic

to put it simply - if I can...

I utilize the DIMSCALE variable for A LOT of stuff in my LISP routines as most would know that's the best way to have blocks at different scale plot the same size on paper... with some extra time on my hands recently I have made some dynamic blocks to help lower the quantity of blocks we have here - for example, working for an HVAC consulting firm we do a lot of duct and piping layouts, both single & double line... if you are familiar with some of the symbology used in plumbing you'll know that there are many valve symbols that are all built off of the basic SOV double triangle symbol... so I made a lovely dynamic version of this valve symbol (10 valve options in one block - eliminating 9 unnecessary blocks) and...

my problem is this:

when the block is inserted it properly scales itself up based on the current DIMSCALE in the current drawing BUT for some damn reason it is consistently scaling this block up an additional 64x - regardless of what drawing this block is inserted into.... what gives? anyone?

I've looked around and have nothing that helps... I've checked and double checked the INSUNITS and regardless of being at 1 or 0 the problem still exists...

any helpful pointers/ feedback is much appreciated...

-e

well.... as embarrassing as it is - it was simply a mistake on my end when initially creating the block... SOMEHOW it was blocked out already at 64...

go figure...

:oops:

well.... as embarrassing as it is - it was simply a mistake on my end when initially creating the block... SOMEHOW it was blocked out already at 64...

go figure...

:oops:

just an update on how I messed that up...

when initially creating those dynamic blocks I ended up blocking them out in a manner that caused me to have to explode them in my lisp to make the dynamic attribute active once inserted via lisp... all in all I know that I can fix that - as I read a thread about that fix recently... just gotta do it. Anyway... obviously I blocked that one out at 64 instead of 1:1

hopefully my little mistake will help someone else avoid it.

p e a c e ! ! !

-e