Multiple windows in page layout

christreeroot

I have not done this for a long time and have really forgot :oops:

I have a drawing in model space and want to setup three windows in my layout page and zoom each window to a different part of the drawing, my brain is burning on how to do this, any help will be really appreciated.

As always thanks in advance.....

Yep; to expand that a bit-

Use VIEW > NEW VIEWPORT (slightky different in different versions) to draw your three viewports to the size/position you need in paperspace.

Double click inside the first viewport to make it open for editing in paperspace.

Type in Z (or ZOOM)

Enter the scale you want with XP added (i.e. 0.5xp for half scale, -XP means relative scale to paperspace)

PAN to the bit you want to show in the viewport

Double click outside the viewport to close it for editing from paperspace.

Repeat for the other two viewports

Cracking sorted that out and set up viewports etc, next problem has cropped up.....

|I went back into model space to make a few changes and when i went back to layout it seems a new viewport has opened over the original ones i inserted, how do i get rid of it :(

Thanks Remark for the reply, however that doesnt seem to work.

A breakdown of wants going on.

I have set my three viewports and zoomed each one to the correct part of the plan. I then realised the viewports need resizing to fit the sections in i want.

I resize them and when i go to double click in viewport this mystery new viewport appears from out of the blue. It doesnt have a frame to the viewport so cant delete it.

Hope that makes sense

I would also be interested if anyone has an answer.

I have seen this with 2010 where modelspace could be seen from paperspace without any viewport in the drawing?

No i have my a1 layout with 3 seperate viewport boxes, acad viewport setting (Three: Right). The problem seems to occur when i adjust the default size of each viewport.