electric motor

TonyBorland

Hi

I want to learn to model electric motors.I have attached a picture of a electric motor i would like to learn to model.I also want to model all the inside components too of the electric motor.Would diagrams with dimensions or Drawing files be the best option.If yes would anyone know where to find these drawings?

Thanks......Tony

pump2.jpg

have fun with those windings:)

You will most likely have to measure everything yourself. If you need motors I know(and have used) mcmaster carrs files before. If you go to www.mcmaster.com and search for electric motors you may see a CAD symbol. If you see this you can download a simplified version of the motor(no internals).

below is an example of the cad file you get from their site. Nice thing is the part name is its mcmaster number so on your BOM it simplifies things. I typically do this for fasteners as opposed to using content center parts.

motor.jpg

Hello Tony.

You're going have fun modelling that :) But you should enjoy it.

From the looks of things, that's a standard motor, either 3 phase or single phase, and are commonly available from various manufacturers. The one in photo is a Teco/Monarch, and it's possible that the 3d model can be downloaded from their website as iges, sat, etc. WEG are another, and they offer 3D cad models of all their motors ... go to their website and you should be able to navigate around to find them.

Oh, the models from the respective manufacturer sites do not have motor "guts" :)

Best regards,

David