Hatched area has rough edges on PDF printout

JoeA

Hello,

Using AutoCAD2009, I have created a logo out of splines, and filled in the gaps with solid colour using the hatch command. I have then deleted the construction splines around the hatch so that the printout does not show black lines around the edge.

In paperspace the logo looks fine:

hatchpaperspace.jpg

But when I print to PDF the outside bit has a really jagged edge (but not the inside section for some reason? - The only difference is I used a colour gradient on the outer sections):

hatchpdf.jpg

What could be the problem?

Cheers,

Joe

• 2 months later...

You are having problems with the gradient fill because Autocad exports it as a bitmap (while it exports solid hatches as vector objects).

That's why you are getting these jagged edges...and as far as I know there is no way to increase the bitmap resolution while exporting to PDF.

Have you tried to use larger paper size? (I mean to increase your logo...)

So if I didnt use the gradient, and just used a solid colour it would work OK? That might have to be the solution. Many thanks!

It may also be the issues AutoCAD 2009 has with overloading pdf files with kilobytes it doesn't need. I have 2009 and the pdf reolution and image integrity is awful. Then I plot the very same drawing using Autodesk TrueView 2010 and the resulting pdf is crystal clear and nearly 70% smaller in overall file size.