How to save a dynamic block?

MarcoW

In autocad 2008, when making dynamic blocks, at some point you need to save them to your hard drive. I mean, not leaving it in the DWG as it was created, there might be other rubbish in the DWG...

With casual blocks I used WBLOCK to do so. With dynamic blocks, I create them with BlockEditor. When it is finished, and I save the file something is going wrong: when I try to insert the block in a new dwg it says:

Command: i
INSERT
Block test_01 references itself
*Invalid*

I am missing a big thingy over here... can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you allready.

Btw.: I learned there are some cool tutorials on youtube about dynamic blocks... this is a good way to learn at least for me.

:?

Reading my own post I read my own lines:

With casual blocks I used WBLOCK to do so.

Well I tried writing a dynamic block definition with Wblock... it worked.

Is this the moment where I need my %$#^kicked? :unsure:

glad you are sorted but for future ref, if you get a "Block references itself" message it is because you have created a block in a drawing and then named that drawing with the same name.

In itself this is not a problem. The problem come if you then try to insert that into another drawing. Rather than go into an endless loop AutoCAD just gives the above error.