Interact with dialog boxes

KRBeckman

The company I work for uses a 3rd part software to distribute the 2-d and 3-d symbols for thier standard products, which I use to create symbols of "specials" products. Within this 3rd part software there are a couple of commands that don't have command line options (most do have if you put a "-" infront of the command, just like other ACAD commands, but within these commands a dialog box pops up for user interaction) and I'm wondering if there's a way to have your lisp program just hit enter for these dialog boxes (I always have to just press enter, using the default values).

There have always been a few commands that only have dialogues with no command line option, QSELECT is one for example.

Which commands are you having problems with? They may be a way doing the task with a different command that does have a command line option.

I can tell you the command, but you won't recogize them, cause they're from a 3rd part software....

"PN" is the command that brings up the dialog box that you input my companies part number into in order to insert the 2-d symbol. The other command is "2dto3d" which inserts the 3-d symbold of the selected 2-d symbol.

The "PN" command has a command line option ("-PN"), but there are up to 2 dialog box prompts that may or may not pop up during the 2-d symbol insertion.

The "2dto3d" command always has a popup with a "Yes" or "No" option.

Youre right I dont recognise those - sorry.

If this is 3rd party 'Add on' software you will probably have to get in touch with whoever wrote it to see if and how you can modify it to use command line operation.

no worries, thanks for trying... I'm just kinda supprised there isn't a way to manipulate a dialog box within a lisp.... :(

Step through the command and copy everything printed to the command line. If I can look at it, I might be able to give you a better idea.