Dimension Text Doesn't Stay or Edit

gsksun4

When I dimension, I start the command and when the options Mtext. Text, Angle come up I use "T" for text and put my dimension in then hit enter. It shows the correct dimension, but I'm still in the command, so I hit enter again to end the command and the whole dimension disappears. If I select "M" for Mtext, this doesn't happen and the dimension stays.

Also, how can you edit this dimension text? Is it only done in the properties dialog box under text override?

Glenn

2009LT

OK, I got the first part. Instead of doing return twice to end the command, I did return then left button mouse click.

I'm curious as to why you need to hit "T" for Text.

If I don't, it just puts in the last, or default text. That's within the command. I could just do that, but then I'd have to edit the text in the properties dialog box, no?

Really? I wasn't aware that LT worked that way.

The only time I have to hit "T" for Text is if I want to purposely override the dimension AutoCAD will automatically insert.

Really? I wasn't aware that LT worked that way.

OK, this is my mistake. I thought I had to type in the dim I wanted, but you are right once again. Cad automatically defaults to the correct dimension. I didn't know that. I don't use the dimention tools hardly at all. Just drew a 1 inch box, dimensioned it and cad put the 1" dim in for me.

Sorry for the senior moment ReMark.

No problem gsksun4. AutoCAD will continue to do that as quickly as you can pick two points to dimension between.

OK, I noticed another thing. I drew a box, measured the side to be 1-1/64". I dimensioned that side, and cad put in a dimension of 1". I set the units to a line precision of 1/256". Why does cad not put in 1-1/16" for that dimension?

Glenn

Still learning. I set primary units/precision in dimstyle to 1/128" and that did the trick.

Carry on........

OK, I noticed another thing. I drew a box, measured the side to be 1-1/64". I dimensioned that side, and cad put in a dimension of 1". I set the units to a line precision of 1/256". Why does cad not put in 1-1/16" for that dimension?

Glenn

Did you set the precision in the dim style or in units? If in dim style then it would show 1-1/64" and not 1-1/16".

Did you set the precision in the dim style or in units? If in dim style then it would show 1-1/64" and not 1-1/16".

Sorry rkent, I meant 1-1/64", not 1-1/16". Been a rough day so far.

I set the precision in dimstyle/primary units/linear dimensions/precision. Good to go sir.

Thank you.