Startup Problem

evanm33

Good Morning Everyone,

I have the same problem every morning when i try to start up AutoCAD Mechanical 2010. It will start the application and show the mechanical background just like normal but then when it tries to open the default template it stops responding. The toolbars don't show up, the comand line doesn't show up, and the loading bar doesn't show up. Also once it gets to this stage the icons on the title bar and taskbar switch to the regular autocad 2010 icons as opposed to the mechanical icons. I restart my computer and its random whether it will act like this again or start up correctly.

As stated above, I'm running AutoCAD Mechanical 2010. My computer is a three week old Dell with intel zeon and windows 7 64-bit. It worked fine for about a week and now this.

Has anyone had this happen to them or have an idea of what might be causing the problem? Me and the IT crew are completely stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Evan

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: AMPP

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: AMACAD

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: AUTODESKSEEK

Loading Mechanical modules.....

Loading Modeler DLLs.

Loader application completed

Regenerating model.

AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.

Command: COMMANDLINE

The above is what mine shows as it is started up. I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. After a repair of the installation every thing seems to be working fine.

I did the installation in its own directory, not in the program files. I think this is a Win7 issue. I belive that the file association was lost some how.

I'll try the repair first and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall to it own directory. Thanks for your help guys.