LISP routines

Jflomofo01

Hello all,

Been working in the field now for a bit over a year, and there are several people at my work who are able to write LISP routines. I am jealous. Getting better at CAD (AutoCAD2009), I would like to expand my knowledge...but I don't know the first THING about writing LISP routines!!!

Not asking for anyone to hold my hand here, but does anyone recommend any good books, training manuals, etc. that I could use to my advantage? Any feedback will be appreciated :D

J

Just in time for the recently overhauled [thread=46853]AfraLisp site[/thread].

I would recommend starting there with the easy stuff then some tutorials.

Set yourself a goal its fine to look at the tutorials etc but you really need to set yourself a target to achieve.

Dont make your first lisp so complicated you give up, pick something simple that you do manually now. Changing layers drawing lines moving objects etc

Theres plenty of people here that can guide you how to achieve your result and help with your code but still allow you to be the author. Post a dwg of what you want to do.

I used to visit the local library and they had lottsa books and examples on how to create your own LISP files.

Wm.