Create Contours Froms Points

joan

Hi I'm totally new in civil 3d.I used autocad 2008. My boss gave me a dwg with a lot of points in order to turn it into a surface and build on it 3 buildings. I know 3d modeling and rendering in 3ds max very well but i donts know anything about making surfaces..so.. after a lot of searching i turn these points into a txt file and import them in civil 3d...I can see the surface but i would like to make the contours too...Is this possible ?? thanks in advance!!

I attached my txt file bcause the dwg is bigger than 250 kb

ps:i'm so sorry for my english i hope you'll understand me..:oops:

YPSOMETRA.txt

Contour lines are a representation of a surface. Once the surface is made, it's a matter of changing the current style or setting a different style current in order to display the contour lines.

So, in other words, there is no command like "create contours", you just want to change the way the surface is displayed. Select the surface, right click and choose Surface Properties, then on the Information Tab, change the 'Surface Style'.

If there are no other styles from which to choose, then you will have to create one or edit the current style. Click on the button next to the styles drop-down and select the appropriate choice.

I did that but nothing happened the contours donts show up!! I dont have any styles so i created a new one with typical options.. do i have to change something there??

Check your style again.

On the Display tab, set the View Direction to Plan (for viewing in WCS), then make sure the two contour components are set to Visible.

surfsty.png