Layer usage problems in PDF

Grenco

When I create a PDF using "DWG to PDF-plot" there is something wrong with the layers that the PDF-reader shows. The idea is great to hide/unhide layers in a PDF! But somehow it sets items in different layers or it doesnt recognize the layerproperty.

I got a block "X" with an attribute in layer "Attrib". Another attribute in layer "Attrib-Hidden". Block "X" is in layer "Util".

Another block "Y" has the same set up. An attribute in "Attrib" and an attribute in layer "Attrib-Hidden". Block "Y" in layer "Util". The same for block "Z".

(see attachment)

When the PDF is created and you click layer "Attrib" to hide it. None of the attributes on layer "Attrib" disapear.

If I click "Attrib-Hidden" to hide, only the attributes of block "X" will disapear. Aswel the attributes set to different layers "Attrib" and "Attrib-Hidden". Kind-a-strange. Nothing changes on block "Y" and "Z" their attributes.

If I click on the "Util" layer in the PDF. Everything disapears of block "Y" and "Z".

If I hide those layers in autocad2010 everything works fine. When I hide "Attrib". On all blocks is that single attribute hidden.

Why can't I do that in my PDF? I've checked certain settings in my blocks and also in my plot settings but I cant find anything!

Test-plot.pdf

By the way.... My blocks are dynamic blocks... Don't know if that matters...

I also tried DWF.... Got the same problem!! So it's a AutoCAD setting somewhere!?!?

Blocks are sometimes on two layers.. or rather, they get inserted on one layer, but are made up of parts from other layers. Could that be a factor here?

Thnx for your reply Mike!

But I checked the layers several times and they are ok. Otherwise I wouldnt get the wanted result in autocad. If I plot to PDF/DWF, the attribute's layer is inconsistent with autocad and between each block.

The update 2 for autocad 2010 solved my problem...

I had a few fatal errors and autodesk indicated that there was an update available for my autocad. So it was an autocad bug!