Can anyone tell me what this icon means?

Ste1978

Can anyone tell me what this icon means? The one that looks like a red treasure chest!?

Basically, these are two separate drawings I have, the one with the red treasure chest icon thing I can select features and delete them. The other part I can select the features but I can't delete them for some reason. Any ideas?

yyyyyy.jpg

The one on the right is the Combine Icon. The one on the left is combine only it also means composite body. In your other post where i put a screen shot of the ShrinkWrap dialog you can see both of those.

The one on the right is the Combine Icon. The one on the left is combine only it also means composite body. In your other post where i put a screen shot of the ShrinkWrap dialog you can see both of those.

But how do I get the one on the right the same as the one on the left!?

The one on the right, this one will not let me delete any features so I can't break it down. It's most annoying! I feel like I am so close but yet so far...

its something that is selected when the original designer ShrinkWrapped the parts. I dont think there is a way to convert from one to the other after the fact but maybe JD will know for sure.

its something that is selected when the original designer ShrinkWrapped the parts. I dont think there is a way to convert from one to the other after the fact but maybe JD will know for sure.

Thanks mate. This is going to be a bit of a learning curve for me I see!

Thanks mate. This is going to be a bit of a learning curve for me I see!

Unfortunately you arent really starting with the easy stuff either :D

Unfortunately you arent really starting with the easy stuff either :D

I know most of the easy stuff I suppose, it's just there has been no structure to how I have learnt the program. It's a shame I cannot get hold of the AOTC self learning courses, they seem to be only available to the USA. My next step is to master pipe runs and cable harnesses!

... they seem to be only available to the USA. My next step is to master pipe runs and cable harnesses!

Looks to me like you can purchase the books from just about anywhere? (electronic form is cheaper than these shown here)

AOTC.jpg

Thanks JD, I will have a look into that. I am sure when I looked the UK option was not listed!

So, onto the original issue, how come I can't delete the separate features on my model. I can select them, but when I RMB menu I can#t delete them? Is there anyway to convery my part to something where I can select and delete features?

JD - the part in question is a different one to the one I uploaded for you. This is a much larger part (100mb). So It's too big to even upload.

The one you had a look at you could select and delete features, but this one you cannot, however, they were created by the same person so I am confused.

Hope you can help, and thanks for you patients!