Error 57 - Plotting

Jimmy Tin

Whilst trying to plot a dwg with an Aerial image an error came up with "Error 57" continuing on to say "Image has no horizontal borders".

Does any one have clues what is causing the error? Clearly the image, but what exactly I'm not sure. I did a quick google search but came up with nothing.

IT's been a while with no answer. I guess everyone is like me and don't really know.

I will take a wild stab at it to see if we get any attention.

Possibly the plotting portion of the software is having trouble deciding where the top and bottom of the image ends.

I have had similar problems, but no error messages, with one Google Earth image I imported. I gave it a viewport, but parts of the image were visible outside of the viewport in paper space. It intruded into my title block all the way to the edge of the 'paper' even though the viewport did not go into that part of the 'paper'.

Strange, huh?

It's almost as though it were expecting to see an image frame and when it didn't it kicked out the error message. How did you get the image into your drawing? What method was used?

I imported the image by xrefing it in. I don't think that is the problem because I can plot it off fine on the other pc. It is only this particular one, and it only has problems with images. Now i don't think it has anything to do with the comp specs because it is exactly the same as the one that can print it.

Actually I have thought of something. It may be because the other computer has raster design on it. Whether that would have an impact I'm not sure. I'll give it a shot on Mon, see how it goes.

Just to clarify. It is only one computer that has this problem. The rest have no problem plotting the same file. However, I can not find any differences between CAD on the computers.

EDIT: Never mind. I read back after I said the following, and found you stated all the computers were the same.

Check the computers to see what the RAM and graphics card capacities are. You may be working on the one computer in your office with a brain too tiny to calculate positions for all those pixels.

I have found out the hard way that a computer just barely meeting AutoCAD's 'minimum' requirements, especially if it is a bit on the older side, will suffer crazy graphics display and plotting problems at times.