iLogic problem

PunkR0ckz

Hi guys, I've been working on this project for the past 2 months and everything was going smoothly till now. My project consists of multiple conveyors and there are some subassembly that can be there more than once and I need to use iLogic code.

I am able to use the Component.Replace function to replace a subassembly by another one properly.

My problem is how Inventor deals with part's/subassembly's name in the treelist.

Example of my problem:

I have 5 subassembly in my main assembly: Conveyor End:1, Conveyor Line:1, Conveyor Line:2, Conveyor Motor:1, Conveyor End:2

If my "zone" = 4, I want this to be; Conveyor End:1, Conveyor Bladder:1, Conveyor Line:1, Conveyor Motor:1, Conveyor End:2

If my "zone" = 3, I want this to be; Conveyor End:1, Conveyor Motor:1, Conveyor Line:1, Conveyor Motor:2, Conveyor End:2

If I use the Component.Replace line, I will be able to change my main ass'y Conveyor Line:1 by Conveyor Bladder:1 and by Conveyor Motor:1, but if I want to change my zones again, it will not work since there would be Conveyor Motor:2 instead of Conveyor Motor:1 and vice-versa in the treelist.

If someone has a simple solution to this problem, any ideas would be welcome!

Note: I am a big newbie with iCodes (second day using it, first project!)

Note 2: A sample of my iCode has been attached to this post, to show How I would like it to work.

Replacement of a part.txt