Scale Problem In Model And Paper Space Graduation Project

ipekkaya

Hi,

i have i big problem, i used to do it correct, but this time it wont work.

I have drawn a plan in meters. so 8 meters have been drawn as 8 meters. now i made a viewport in modelspace, en have a layout in paperspace. but when i try to scale the plan to 1/500, with zoom-scale-0.002xp (1/500) it doesn't work. i don't get the right scale, it gets smaler and bigger, but not correct.

another thing i don't understand is that, even if i scale, and when i dimension it it is the same in modelspace and paperspace. (should it be different in paperspace if i sclae?)

Can someone help mee..??? i only have 2 days left, i really need help..

Since you are working in meters then I think your viewport scale setting would need to be 1/5xp. I don't work in metric but I think that is it.

If you use osnap to dimension or check distance you will get model space values while in ps. If you want to just check a ps dimension you can set dimassoc to 1 to get the ps dims.

1/5xp is that for the annonation scale @ properties?

i didn't understand the second thing? can you explain that?

and the weird thing is, that when i do 1/100xp my drawing should get bigger, but it gets smaller.. What am i doing wrong?

Did you try 1/5xp? That is for scaling the viewport, instead of 1/100xp use 1/5xp.

If you are measuring an object in MS but doing so in PS you will get the MS lengths if you use osnaps to grab the endpoints. It sounded like you were expecting PS (plotted) lengths and one way to do that is to set dimassoc to 1 and use dimensions and you will get ps lengths.

thanks, i am gonna try it like this, hope it workss..:)

If you have further problems post your questions back here.