Running crown molding

BacTrac2112

Using AutoCad 2002 -

Not using 3d per-se, actually 2d with elev. Need to run multiple crown mold for a fancy fireplace mantle. I know I can slap my crown in place overlapping each other and then trim, trim, trim. But I know there has to be a better way!

Ok. I'm a newbie again. Wall drawing with fireplace. Used elev for brick work. Am designing new mantle wth cabinetry (no prob) wish to add crown mold to wrap under new mantle. Feel I am doing it the hard way. Do not want "add on" program. suggestion? This HAS to have a simple answer! Help?

Draw your path on the outside edge of your profile and then extrude it like JD said. Your path can go around corners.

Think I would do well to stay in beginners area for a while. Thank you to all for your help thus far. I started using AutoCAD in the early 90's and taught myself enough to make impressive mechanical drawings. Though my methods were basically wrong. I now am trying to learn correct methods. Havn't used CAD for 8 yrs or so. That being said...

If I break some house rules, I apologize now. Inform me and I will try to correct as I go. I am green. Thank you.

Now, I have been given advise on how to extrude along a path. I have used help in the cad program and still don't quite get it. It is a mantle for a fireplace. I have drawn the wall, brickwork, and basically a 12" x 6' x .75" shelf. I used elev command to give a 3d appearance. Now I need to add a crown mold profile and Extrude it along a path around the bottom of the shelf. I have ADHD so I don't always "get it". could someone with patience please spell it out for me?

Plus, what tutorial should I start with for my training?

Thank You.

I have merged all of your threads into this one. Please don't start new threads asking the same question again and again. Just continue on in one thread until your problem is solved. This way we can follow your progress and know where you've been and what advice you have been given already. Saves us from having to repeat ourselves.

I have also moved this question to the 3D modeling section.

Here's a path with a crown moulding profile created in 3d AutoCad 2007 saved as 2000. You should be able to start extrude command, select object (crown profile), type p for path, then pick your path. Hope this was helpful.

Crown Moulding.zip